Fitbit Versa Review

I will preface this review by saying if I was writing this a year ago I would have raved about the Versa and how much I love it. Now that I've had it for around eight months I can honestly say that I'm switching to an Apple watch and never turning back. Fitbit used to be such a great company that stood behind their products, but I find since they have expanded their line of products the customer service has gone downhill and they are slow to release fixes and updates. They are also quite quick to replace current products with new ones and dropping support for older products which is another sore point for me. I don't want to own something for a year and all of a sudden have it not supported!

I'll keep this review in point form as I feel like this will become a rant if I list all the downsides of the Versa in any other format.

Pros:

  • Relatively inexpensive when compared to other fitness watches on the market
  • Battery life is amazing (I get 5+ days depending on my activity level so I never have to worry about forgetting my charger)
  • Display is clean and easy to navigate
  • Lots of watch face options to choose from
  • Stats are displayed in an easy to read format
  • Set up was quick and easy (some people report having a terrible time during set up but this was not my experience)
  • Text message and call notifications can be set up to come through your phone (though you can't actually answer these messages via the watch itself)
  • Heart rate tracking is very accurate (tested this at my doctors office and it was only one beat off from his readings on two occasions) 
Cons:
  • Connected GPS never works (I've tried multiple times and it rarely connects and the rare time it does it drops after a few seconds)
  • Sync never works (I have to open the app on my phone, go to the Today section of my watch and manually sync at least three times before the stats will update to match what is on my phone)
  • New update took ages to show up and did not fix any of the issues (Stairs climbed is still astronomically inaccurate, steps count when driving or moving hands slightly, calories never quite seem accurate)
  • Stairs climbed is crazy high and is not at all accurate which has a cascade effect on calories burned etc.
  • Steps will record on the watch when I'm sitting and doing something as slight as typing on my laptop (also records steps and stairs climbed when driving)
  • Screen randomly gets stuck on the Fitbit logo and nothing will respond (This happened randomly last night while watching TV and would not restart for anything. I had to wait and it must have recovered at some point during the night as my alarm went off and it seems to be working fine now)
  • Support for Fitbit is REALLY unhelpful and mostly non existent even for the most basic of troubleshooting
  • It's nearly impossible to remove the straps to change them. 
  • Screen protection is a must (there are too many reports of broken/scratched/cracked/detached screens out there to change it)
  • Not compatible with a lot of phones (including the newer iPhone's which is absurd) 
  • Quick reply to text messages only works for android devices
  •  Reminders to move have stopped working and no idea how to get them working again
  • Silent alarm is very weak and stops after a few vibrations so I have to set an additional alarm in case I sleep through the vibrations
  • Silent alarm sometimes doesn't go off in the morning at all
  • Not as waterproof as they claim so I do not wear it in water (just Google and there are tons of reports of the watch dying after swimming) 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*Review* The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Facial Exfoliator

Derma E Collagen Serum Review

Lancome Luxe Box Contest!