Claritin Rapid Dissolve Tabs Review

I received the Claritin Rapid Dissolve Tabs to test out as part of Bzz Agent.

I wanted to wait until I had finished the entire box of 10 tablets that was provided to test before writing the review. These tabs were designed to be an "on the go" type of tablet. They dissolve on your tongue much like those Listerine strips that came out years ago that were popular but seem to have disappeared pretty much (at least from my area). No water is needed which is supposed to make them great to take anytime. The only drawback on this claim is that on the package it tells you to take them on an empty stomach which pretty much takes away the "on the go" portability of them since you are pretty much forced to take them in the morning when you first wake up, or late at night before you go to bed if you aren't a late night snacker.

The claims are that it provides fast, effective relieve from:
  • Itchy, Watery Eyes
  • Runny Nose
  • Sneezing
  • Itchy Nose and Throat


Now for myself  after taking the full 10 days worth, I honestly couldn't tell any difference in my allergies when I took the medication versus days I forgot to take it or just didn't take it. I feel like the medication in this form is less effective compared to other allergy medications. Now I'm not a normal Claritin user, I take the generic version of Reactine which is a different type of allergy medication. So it might just be that this medication isn't effective for my body. I didn't notice any relief from any of my severe allergy symptoms. My worst allergy symptoms have always been itchy, runny eyes (I'm also a contact wearer so this really irritates me in the spring when things are blooming), and I sneeze like crazy during the entire allergy season. My lesser symptoms are the runny nose and scratchy throat. Those I can live with, but without effective allergy medications I cannot live with the eye problems and the sneezing that comes with having severe allergies. During the trial I didn't have any relief from my major symptoms so I definitely feel like this won't be a product for me. I'm not sure if it's the formula, or the type of medication, but I get much more relief from my normal medication and can't wait to start taking it tonight.

I'm not sure what the price of these go for as I have been unable to locate them on store shelves in my area so far, but I am guessing they will be priced around the same as other Claritin products. If they are way more they would not be worth it in my opinion because there is no added convenience to this product and I'm not sure if it's even as effective as the "old fashioned" take with water tablets. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*Review* The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Facial Exfoliator

Derma E Collagen Serum Review

Lancome Luxe Box Contest!