Luxe Box Review




So this arrived in the mail for me on Thursday of last week. I haven't had a chance to test everything yet though because I have been crazy busy with fashion week and school. Anyway for anyone who doesn't know Luxe Box is the Canadian equivalent of a Birch Box. I had been dying to try the Birch Box forever, but living in Canada I couldn't get it so I have been watching my American friends review all kinds of amazing products for around $10 a month.
http://luxebox.loosebutton.com/



I love samples and having very very pale fair skin that is very picky about what goes on it, I practically live off samples until I find something that works for me. I have been burned too many times (literally) by products that were supposed to be for sensitive skin and then ended up leaving rashes or breaking me out.
It is $12 a month to sign up for Luxe Box which is a pretty good deal considering I probably waste double that if not more on full sized products that didn't end up working for me. The samples range in variety from hair care, makeup, skincare, and nail care. If you sign up for a yearly subscription it works out to be $10 a month which is an even better deal.


Opening the box I found these goodies waiting for me!


In my package was:
  • a coupon for $25 off a purchase of $75 or more at Dealuxe.ca (oh how I want to spend money to get this deal! Resisting the urge to do so though since I don't 'need' anything)
  • Lise Watier Flash Lift Radiance Vial (full sized priced at $27 for 7 vials, sample I received valued at $3.86 for one vial)
  • Moroccanoil (full sized valued at $40 for 100ml, sample I received valued at $10 for 25ml)
  • Pur minerals Mineral Glow (full sized valued at $24 for 12g, sample I received valued at $6.80 for 3.4g)
  • Olay Professional Pro X (full sized valued at $60 for 15ml, sample I received valued at ?? no size on the tube)
  • Chloe Eau De Parfume (full sized valued at $90 for 50ml, sample I received valued at $9)
The approx total of value in this package was around $30 which is pretty good considering the boxes to purchase are between $10-$12 depending on which subscription you get.


Now a bit about the products and if I can actually use everything in the box.

The Lise Watier product I'm not 100% sure what it is exactly supposed to do, but it says it's good for erasing signs of fatigue. I wish I had this with me during fashion week! I haven't posted half my pictures because I look exhausted Friday night!! I don't have fine lines or wrinkles so I am not sure if this is a product that will be ok for greasy skin, or if it will be greasy itself. It's worth a try though and I will update this when I do try it.

The Moroccanoil I already know is not for me. It says it is for light and fine hair but it's oil and my hair does not need anymore of that! My hair is naturally very greasy so I will be passing on the oil and giving it to someone who can use it. I'm also not sure if being a red head I can use it or not? It doesn't specify what kind of light coloured hair. This will probably be given to my aunt who has really dry hair and uses oil treatments.

I am excited about trying the Pur Minerals bronzer. My sister bought a starter kit that included the same sized product in a powder and then the bronzer and I have been trying to track down a starter kit for awhile now. I can at least try this out and see how my skin reacts to it since I feel like it's a bit pricey to pay full price and have it not work out for me. I have so many bronzers though that I rarely use in the summer because I'm so pale. I guess I have to start getting into them more.

At first I thought the Olay Pro X would not be something for me since I am young and have no aging signs yet, but it claims to reduce dark circles which I have a lot of that I am tired of covering. I will give this a try and see how well it works. I just hope it isn't greasy like some anti aging products because I have a lot of oil that my skin produces naturally.

Now the last product in here is probably my favourite. The Chloe perfume! Except of course I managed to get it all over my hands when I opened the bottle for the first time. I'm always like that with perfume samples though. I wish they made them in spray bottles or vials instead of the plugs that make a mess. Unless I'm the only one? This perfume smells amazing! I love that this is a mini bottle version of the full size. It's probably too pricey for me to purchase full sized at full price, but I have so many perfumes that this one will last me a long time as it is.

Overall I would probably subscribe to Luxe Box based on what I have seen. I have read other reviews of people receiving full sized China Glaze shatter polish this month, as well as Essie polish full sized. I was kind of disappointed that I didn't get any nail polish because I am a total addict and I am dying to get my hands on other shatter polishes since they are hard to find where I live. Also I have seen some of the past makeup products and would love to get something more like that in the mail each month to try out. I have so many beauty products that I can't justify buying more unless they are sample sized!

What I would like to see from Luxe Box is a more tailored box for specific needs. I haven't seen anything about a questionnaire so I can see myself getting products that I won't use since I see quite a few boxes with anti aging and hair serums that do not fit my skincare needs. I know that's part of getting a box is to try things you normally wouldn't try, but I already have a stock pile of anti aging things from magazines inserts that I just don't know what to do with. I know that Birch Box tries to tailor the boxes to the questionnaires so that would be something I would like to see if Luxe Box was to change anything.
I also wish they accepted paypal for subscriptions. While I do have a credit card it's totally maxed out with school and will be until next summer, so I can't be putting frivolous things on it until then. If they took paypal I would be able to sign up for a subscription without having to worry about my CC being maxed out when they want to take the monthly payment.

*All products were sent to me as a review by Luxe Box*

Comments

  1. Hey Ashley,

    Thank you for doing this review for us! I just wanted to let you know that we do accept Mastercard gift cards which work just like credit cards but without the same commitments! Also, if you wish to use paypal or a cheque, you would have to be signing up for the yearly membership and it would require you to email us and let us know so we could help you set it up!

    Either way, thank you so much for your wonderful review! I enjoyed reading it!

    Yasmin
    Community Manager
    Loose Button

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sending it for me to review! It's good to know that I can use paypal or a cheque for a yearly subscription. It makes it even more appealing to sign up when there are more payment options.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

*Review* The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Facial Exfoliator

Derma E Collagen Serum Review

Lancome Luxe Box Contest!