*Review* St. Ives Clear Pore Cleanser for Oily/Blemish Prone Skin


I found this product about a month ago in Walmart for around $3.00 for a 200ml pump bottle. I am not sure if that was a sale price or the regular price but I picked it up to try any way since I love St. Ives products. This particular cleanser contains tea tree oil as the acne treatment ingredient vs. salicylic acid which is usually in the cleansers I use. I actually like this version of the cleanser much better then what I was currently using since it seems to be more effective. I like that its gentle enough to use daily but provides enough of the tea tree oil treatment to improve my skin without overly drying it out. It actually makes my skin really nice and soft to touch, plus it keeps my oily skin away for most of the day without the use of powder! That is one of the benefits I really like since I have really oily skin and most cleansers don't work as well, or they leave my skin feeling like wax and like I never washed my face at all. I have noticed a big improvement since switching over to using the St.Ives cleanser daily, and my Body Shop tea tree oil scrub twice a week.

Pros
  • Inexpensive compared to other products containing tea tree oil
  • minimizes the appearance of oil for most of the day
  • leaves your face feeling soft and smooth
  • improves complexion after only about a week of use
Cons
  • might be too drying depending on your skin type (mine is really oily which makes it perfect for daily use)
  • not sure how popular this version of the cleanser is compared to the other St. Ives products so it may be difficult to find
Overall I give this product a 10/10!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*Review* The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Facial Exfoliator

Derma E Collagen Serum Review

Lancome Luxe Box Contest!